Carlos López-Mélida is a partner responsible for the Civil and Commercial Litigation department of IUS + AEQUITAS, where he has worked since 2008.
He is active in the judicial and out-of-court resolution of particularly complex disputes, large-scale litigation and class actions, especially in the fields of intellectual property, anti-trust, consumer, financial and banking law.
After preparing for State competitive examinations for the Corps of Judges and Prosecutors, he began his career specialising in the field of litigation before the lower courts in all types of civil and commercial proceedings.
With a Master’s degree in Intellectual Property, since joining IUS + AEQUITAS he has been intensely dedicated to the legal defence of intangible assets of all kinds, intervening in numerous copyright infringement litigations, which is one of the firm’s most distinguished specialities.
He has solid knowledge and extensive experience in preventive advice and litigation associated with new technologies and data protection, both in the pre-litigation and litigation phases.
He also intervenes in complex criminal cases of great significance, especially in relation to white-collar crime, intellectual property, the financial market, free competition and consumers.
Dispute resolution in the field of:
– Intellectual Property.
– Consumer: class actions and large-scale litigation.
– New Technologies and Data Protection.
– Finance and Banking.
– Economic Criminal Law.
2020 Best Lawyers: Included in the “Competition Law” category in its Spanish directory.
2020 Chambers Global: Included the firm in the “Dispute Resolution” category in Spain.
2020 Chambers Europa: Included the firm in the “Dispute Resolution” category in Spain.
2020 Legal 500: Included the firm in the “Dispute Resolution” category in Spain.
– Law Degree from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
– Degree in Business Administration from the University of Wales.
– Preparation for the State competitive examinations for the Judiciary and Public Prosecutors.
– Master’s Degree in Intellectual Property at the Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE).
– Madrid Bar Association, since 2008.
– “DENAE, Asociación Española de Derecho del Entretenimiento”.
– “ADIGITAL, Asociación Española de la Economía Digital”.
– “International Chamber of Commerce” (ICC).
– “Cámara de Comercio Brasil-España” (Brazil-Spain Chamber of Commerce).
– “Master’s Degree in Intellectual Property” at the Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE).
– “Master’s Degree in Intellectual Property” at the Universidad Carlos III.